This was just a good reminder how some things that don't mean much to me mean everything to my kids.
Friday, August 14, 2009
Small and simple things
Bailey brought the mail in yesterday and handed me 2 letters. One was for Dallin and one for Wyatt. I wasn't too surprised. We have received these kind of letters before. They were letters from their new teachers welcoming them to their new class. I put them aside and went on with what I was doing. Later Wyatt walks in and I told him this letter was for him. He sat down and carefully opened his letter. I told him it was from his new Kindergarten Teacher. His face lit up. He brought the paper over to me, sat beside me and said "what does it say?" I read it. It was very simple. She talked about her family, what her favorite book and game was, and that she was excited to meet Wyatt. That made his day. He ran outside with the letter in hand. I asked where he was going and he said "I have to show my friends". I thought for sure he would lose it by the end of the day, but he didn't. When Shane came home that was the first thing Wyatt wanted to show him. It made me smile how something so small could be so big to him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Don't you just love that though?? Those small and simple things is what makes our world go round.. My kids always love receiving those letters and I feel blessed to have such great teachers!
That is really sweet, Denette! Thanks for the reminder of whats really important. I needed it!
I remember when mom or dad had to write a letter to me for church and I thought I was the most important person that day. I am glad Wyatt felt the same way.
Post a Comment