What is wrong with this picture? Is it normal to take your tailgate off when unloading?

Nothing normal happened that Friday. If you are a friend on FB you would have seen that I was having a bad day.
1. The fridge in the trailer wasn't working.
2. The van was running funny.
3. My whites had orange crayons dried into them.
4. The van had soda pop all over the inside of it due to pushing on my brakes.
Well it didn't end there. We were going up Huntington Canyon to meet up with my parents. As we approached the site my parents were in Shane put on the brakes, but the trailer brakes weren't working correctly. We missed the turn off a little. We pulled up a little further and tried to back in. It was too steep and the top of the trailer hit the bed of the truck. I should use the word crunched the bed of the truck, which messed up the tailgate. Did we cry over that? No, that is why we don't buy new vehicles. You don't sweat it when things like this happen. We said oh well and moved on.
A small update on my bad day. The fridge started working once we got up there. I did get the crayons out of White Church shirts (I know better than to dry Church shirts. What was I thinking?) The van is running fine this week. Hmmm.
So back to camping...... My kids love camping. They love the dirt, freedom, fires, BB Guns and more. We were only there a day and a half, but they loved every minute. Grandma Davis made the boys whistles out of willows. This is Porter blowing with all his might. They actually work better when you blow soft, but a 3 yr old doesn't get that.
Grandma is quite the entertainer. She was gathering rocks for the boys to paint. What a simple thing, but fun. 
I get to ride in the back of Grandpa's truck with the boys. Oh what fun. We were on our way to a reservoir to do some conoeing. (Is that a word?)
We can't leave the guns at home. We camped on the river so the boys could shoot the BB Guns. Porter was excited when he actually hit a target. It was cute. I am wondering how many years I have before the BB Gun isn't good enough. What's next, the 22?
We came home Saturday night and the boys were sad. My parents were staying until Thursday, so I loaded the boys back up on Tuesday and did a day trip. I don't have pictures of this because I forgot my camera, but Mom took some. I will have to add them later.Tuesday we played on the reservoir for hours. The boys swam, made mud cakes, dug trenches to the reservoir, played in the canoe and more. I am starting to think my family could have lived in the days of Little House on the Prairie. They don't get tired of this stuff.
8 comments:
Sounds like fun. I wished I lived a little closer so I could come and play too.
Fun times! My kids are all about camping and BB guns. We also have a single shot kids 22. It's fun and somewhat safe with only one bullet in at a time (of course with adult supervision). You need to get your boys going with bows and arrows now... Brody LOVES his little compound bow and is quite a shot for a seven year old.
I want to know how to make a whistle now...I've never seen that one.
Tara
brian wants to go camping so bad. maybe next year. its so nice up there.
I love looking at your pics cause I still love your family! Your boys are so cute! Tell your mom hi from me!
look at our blog whenever you would like, looks like you had a great time camping!
Cute pictures...with 4 boys, I'm afraid they will move passed the BB gun phase! I'm glad your "bad" day eventually got better!!
I love that our bad moments in the day somehow find the "light!" What a fun time with your parents depsite the mishaps... not that crunching the back of your truck is a "mishap"... you have the best outlook on life. I've always loved that about you on our mission. And something funny... you look totally the same from all those years ago but you are now surrounded by a bunch of cute boys!! ;p
I am glad your bad day turned a little better. Our camping day was sort of similar, but all weather related.
Post a Comment