Monday, May 24, 2010

Fathers and Sons

My boys were so excited for Fathers and Sons. Porter all week kept telling me that I couldn't come. I asked why and his reply was always "cuz you are a girl". I think that got Wyatt feeling bad for me so he came up with a few ideas for me to do while they were gone. He told me I could shoot hoops, watch TV, play the Wii, or clean the house. (Not on my top 10 list of things to do when I have precious alone time.)

As the weekend got closer the weather didn't look very good, but that wasn't going to stop these boys. They had fun and came back with a few funny stories. Apparently they put their tent up on top of a mouse trail or house (not sure how to explain that). As they were going to bed Bailey could hear a mouse run under the tent near him. Shane thought it was his imagination until he heard one too. It kept both Bailey and Shane up all night. Good thing they didn't have any food in the tent. I'm sure the mice would have chewed their way through the tent. It makes my skin crawl just thinking about it. You will have to ask Bailey about it. It's pretty funny how he tells it.
Breakfast in the morning. Yes it is snowing. I don't know who is in the red jacket with shorts and flip flops, but I'm thinking he is freezing!!
I have been told that the boys spent a lot of time playing on these trees and playing a game of football.

3 comments:

Angelina said...

We had our father's and sons too this weekend. They just hung out at the Stake Center because their real camp place got cancelled. But they are boys, so they had fun anyway.

Glad your survived the mice! Yuck. I would have been sleeping in the car.

pan x 8 said...

We have missed every Father and Son's since the boys were little. We had a baby one year, my Dad took them another year, then we were out of town another year, then we had conflicting schedules with family, then we were out of town again, and now our old ward that had one we just left and our new one didn't have one! hhmmpphh!

LOL @ the jacket, shorts and flip flops, color those legs brown and they would be my boys - freezing or not!!

Machelle Kay said...

Oh all by yourself. I can only imagine. This year I had one and it felt nice.