I have to laugh at kids sometimes. They don't think like adults. Porter had a birthday on Monday and turned 4. The primary gave him a pillowcase made out of CTR material. He was so excited. He brought it home and wanted to put it in the trailer. I didn't quite understand why, but figured we could do that. When I came home from Choir I found this. He was using it as a sleeping bag. So that's why he wanted it in the trailer. (Yes it is midday and he is in his PJ's. He changes out of his clothes whenever he is inside into his PJ's. It is important to be comfortable.)

These were the cupcakes that I made. There were more details that I should have added, but I lost interest.

Last night I had a knock on the back door. This was what I saw. A cute little boy COVERED in mud. He looked up at me and said "Is it OK?" I had to hold back a smile. Life is too short to get mad at stuff like that. I should have joined him. He had been playing in the back field with a brother. He got stuck in the mud and a neighbor had to help pull him out. To be a kid again and play in the mud. (The older brother looked about the same, but was already in the tub by the time I got out the camera)
7 comments:
How cute is he?!?!? A good reminder to let kids be kids (mud and all!). I love the cupcakes! You are pretty crafty! I had to chuckle that you lost interest. I am so that way too! Good to know I'm not alone!
Now I want to copy the CTR pillowcases for my primary kids! Darling!!!
Those are the most darling cupcakes! Shall I tell you when my birthday is and place my order now? :-)
P.S. Moms of boys absolutely cannot get mad about mud. There would be something a bit abnormal about a boy NOT wanting to get all muddy!
Okay.. you have a supercute thing with cupcakes!! And LOL @ the blanket! And I love the mud! I love that you smiled instead of got irritated (which I may have probably done.) Resolve. Will be just as true to real life as you are!
What a kid! Can't help but love 'em! I can't believe your cupcakes. . . that would have taken FOREVER! You're a good Mom! I don't even make "plain" cupcakes, too much work! "Happy Mother's Day", sweet Denette!
Love the cupcakes! What a cute story about the pillow case/sleeping bag! What a sweet heart! You never know what is going on in their sweet little heads! You are such an awesome mom to not get upset about the mud! That's great! Sounds like you've been very busy! Fun!
Love the cupcakes!! Also the boy covered in mudd. It is like a magnet.
Way to be a calm mom. There's no need to be upset - kids will be kids! You have a cute kid!
Post a Comment