Thursday, May 20, 2010

Flowers make me smile

I have been patiently waiting for the weather to warm up so I can plant flowers. I absolutely love flowers! One of my favorite places to be is a garden nursery where there is so much color from all the annuals lined up squished together.

We put in a basketball hoop a month or so ago and it is at the edge of my normal flower bed. I did plant cheap flowers there just as a test to see if they get would get thrashed with all my ball players and friends. In case the flower bed ends up not working I did 4 flower pots similar to this one. Hopefully they live and start spilling over the sides of the pot. Did I mention I LOVE FLOWERS?

6 comments:

pan x 8 said...

It's beautiful... I want to try flowers but I can't wrap my mind around it yet.. or my 5 thumbs!

I can't wait for you!

The Peterson 5 said...

It looks pretty!

Shauna said...

Hey, Denette, that pot is gorgeous. Where did you finally find one? A garden shop is one of my favorite places to be too. Just wish I had lots of money! Glorious summer. . . now if it would ever get here, we'd all be happy!

Tara said...

I love the pot too!!! And I love flowers too...except I seem to kill them! Good luck with the ones by the b-ball court!

The Kolste Family said...

I am jealous!! No where to plant flowers here!

Britt said...

I love the endangered basketball flowers part. That is so funny. I totally understand.